Responsible for delivering a high caliber service to the business while coaching and developing the team.Apply Now
As a result of an internal move, we are seeking a motivated accounting professional to join our Finance team. As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the five-person accounts payable team. This individual is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and payments, ensuring a high caliber of service to the business, coaching and developing the team, and being a professional liaison to our vendors.
This position will suit a driven individual that is detail-oriented and can communicate well with colleagues of varying disciplines outside of Finance. You are process-oriented and take pleasure in rolling up your sleeves to ensure the job gets done. You are an energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively, work with multiple stakeholders and respond to changing needs will be what makes you successful in this position.
What you will do:
- Supervise accounts payable team, ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and monitoring of key performance indicators
- Ensure compliance with SOX processes and provide continuous improvement insight for existing processes
- Monitor and review the processing of all invoices payable and payment
- Control cheque run production & scheduling
- Assist accounts payable and internal client teams in problem-solving
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that staff validate invoices for appropriate approvals and signing authorities
- Reconcile intercompany accounts and maintenance of foreign currency balances
- Confirm completeness of accrued liabilities and prepare relevant general ledger entries and reconciliations as part of month-end close
- Oversight of prepaid balances including the posting of monthly entries
- Prepare/Review journal entries to assist with the accuracy of the general ledger
- Assist in the testing and implementation of new accounts payable initiatives
- Be responsible for the documentation and resolution of accounts payable systems issues that may rise
What you bring:
- 5 + years of experience in a supervisory or managerial function is required
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- A working understanding of internal control best practices / SOX
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating with senior management
- Demonstrated experience working in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Excellent PC skills including advanced working knowledge of Excel
- ERP experience, direct knowledge of Sage ERP is a bonus
- Passionate to improve processes and efficiency
- Professionalism, able to maintain a positive attitude and composure during stressful situations
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.