Reduce total cost of ownership through materials requirement planning.Apply Now
Do you have what it takes to be a great DIRTTbag? DIRTT Environmental Solutions Ltd. is an unconventional company (this is a term we use in polite circles). We have a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of DIRTT. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about.
With clients all over North America DIRTT’s products, technology and people create one of the most exciting and unique working atmospheres anywhere. DIRTT is a fast-paced growing entrepreneurial employer looking for a Buyer to join our Procurement team!
This position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented and not afraid to get things done. You are a driven, energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Maintain Purchase orders and database using the available information, while remaining flexible to react to production needs
- Reduce total cost of ownership through materials requirement planning and developing new processes
- Liaise closely with Manufacturing teams to ensure steadfast communication and accurate capacity requirement planning
- Continually source and maintain vendor network to optimize lead time, pricing, quality and on-time delivery
- Develop strategic vendor relationships
- Resolve vendor quality issues effectively and maintain vendor score cards
- Work directly with Accounts Payables to reduce and eliminate price variances
- Exceptional with people, highly detailed in organizational and time management skills
- 3+ years of procurement experience in a manufacturing setting, ideally in an intense working environment with tight deadlines
- Possess excellent MS Office, and database skills
- Capacity to think logically and analytically to solve problems
- Proven negotiation and relationship building skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with daily/monthly deadlines and time constraints on an ongoing basis
- Post-secondary education
- Be a straight-talker; the kind of person who says what they think, not what other people want to hear
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.