Create 3D models and drawings for production and installation.Apply Now
You don’t hang out in the comfort zone. You’re constantly pushing the limits to produce exceptional results – and now you’re ready to help others do the same.
With DIRTT growing leaps and bounds, we are looking for a Junior CAD Technician to join our Timber Frame Team in Calgary. This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, who's extremely detail-oriented and not afraid to get things done. You are a driven, energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate a broad knowledge of the DIRTT process with a focus on manufacturing capabilities and product design
- Draft fabrication drawings and details for Sheet metal, and aluminum assemblies
- Prepare bills of materials and other documentation required for manufacturing
- Create 3D models, and drawings for production and installation.
- Work with others on best practices within the organization
Who you are:
- You engage in innovative thinking, display good listening skills and have the ability to problem solve in creative ways.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a diverse group including designers, trades people and factory personnel.
- Experience working under pressure to meet project milestones and completion dates.
What you bring to the role:
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience working with AutoCAD, however, new grads will be considered
- Post-Secondary education in Engineering or Architectural technology.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.