Hands on role in process improvement, supported by a Green Belt certification.Apply Now
The Operational Excellence team (OPEX) has an opportunity for an energetic results-focused Continuous Improvement Specialist. The team’s mandate is to help implement and improve its use of Lean Management Systems for the purpose of improving team engagement and performance, building greater resilience, and driving operational excellence across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Hands-on role in process improvement related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity, and Lean Manufacturing
- Lead problem-solving efforts to improve quality and eliminate waste in all areas of the business
- Lead cross-departmental and cross-functional improvement programs across operations and supply chain, focus on driving significant value to the business in terms of cost, revenue, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to identify and implement process improvements involving stakeholders and process owners
- Learn and Teach employees in Lean methodology and mentor through various kaizen projects
- Manage process improvement projects and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Learn and lead value stream mapping (VSM) to identify and drive business improvements
- Coach and train frontline supervision on effective problem-solving methodologies driving ownership and engagement
- Lean Greenbelt Certification is a requirement
- 5-7 years of direct Continuous Improvement experience
- Excellent people management, collaboration, and organizational skills and experience
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing space with previous hands-on lean manufacturing process
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes/engineering for fully customizable products is desired
- Able to change priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking "outside the box"
- Working knowledge in root cause analysis, DMAIC improvement process and core tools used to drive Lean Six Sigma projects is highly desired
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.