Pioneer creative digital and inbound strategies.Apply Now
With a passion for building brands that impact business results and elevating the customer experience, the newly created position will drive compelling creative for fully-integrated strategies, programs, tools and experiences that expand DIRTT’s market position. The role is pivotal in growing awareness, preference and selection of DIRTT’s solutions across the buyer, influencer and partner landscape.
Leading a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and agencies, the Creative Director will merge a deep understanding of the business environment with first-class artistic and technical direction focused on elevating DIRTT’s brand, design aesthetic and CX/UX. The role will also pioneer creative digital and inbound strategies to reach new audiences and support business development capabilities.
This role can be based in Calgary, AB.
What you'll do:
- Lead and ignite the potential of a cross-disciplinary team of design professionals; orchestrating their work to ensure it connects to and drives business strategy, brand growth / evolution and profitability
- Manage the work and mentor members of the creative team. Oversee ongoing and future projects, providing constructive feedback and development
- Initiate, develop, review and direct creative project solutions based on project scope
- Dive in and support the creative team in their diverse array of projects with quick turnarounds
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies to support multiple customer segments, channels and products
- Work with third-party partners (agencies, designers and producers) to execute creative through final delivery, ensuring best in class quality standards, managing costs and seeking operational efficiencies
- Grow design expertise (methods and people) across multiple capabilities and new channels
- Pursue a fascination with the current and future state of analog and digital brand experiences and seek white-spaces to create first-mover advantage
- Bring big conceptual ideas to the table that shape the brand across all media and executions
- Direct the concepting and execution of any/all materials for brand campaigns, sales campaigns and product launches
- Partner with communications, segment, demand and alliances marketing to build out insightful creative platforms that successfully stretch across multiple channels: digital, experiential and virtual
- Collaborate with product development and applications teams to influence physical spaces and DIRTT Experience Centers to ensure compelling and consistent programming across all platforms
- Manage creative production/operations to make sure the organization and reporting of work is consistent and the cost implications of creative decisions are tracked
- Ensure new product launches and campaigns are consistent with established brand guidelines and that visual communication and brand standards are met
- Work in close coordination with the C-Suite to elevate and iterate on the expression and realization of the DIRTT brand across the company
- Be the owner and guardian of all aspects of the DIRTT brand
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (creative field or business preferred) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience working in a creative field, with a focus on marketing, advertising, branding, or communications; experience working across disciplines and categories
- 7+ years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary creative team in an agency or client-side environment
- Proven experience in partnering and driving integrated commercial / sales strategies that impact the bottom line
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude and collaborative mindset that embody DIRTT’s values
- Understanding of today’s media landscape and how people engage with marketing
- Ability to develop a culture of creativity that is results driven
- Ability to articulate conceptual ideas in pragmatic, business and customer-centric terms
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Can build new processes and capabilities, but doesn’t allow process to get in the way if unhelpful
- Is articulate and comfortable presenting to senior executives and C-Suite, engaging them in meaningful discussion and contribution
If you are a highly motivated, energetic and collaborative team player, please provide a portfolio or website, and a cover letter (feel free to get creative with it!) along with your resume.
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.