Coordinating and executing the repairs, cleaning and preventative maintenance of varying asset types.Apply Now
DIRTT is seeking a highly motivated and organized Facilities Coordinator who will work in a fun, collaborative environment to deliver exceptional customer service and keep our buildings and assets in top working order.
The Facilities Coordinator will also manage the general contracting and permitting of small to medium capital projects. This Calgary based position will be part of a dynamic group, where everyone on the team wears many hats. You are the right person for this job if you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting a little DIRTTy to get the job done!
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Coordinating and executing where possible the repairs, cleaning and preventative maintenance of varying asset types, including buildings, vehicles, furniture and fixtures
- Researching and evaluating solutions for the repair, replacement and new additions to building services, equipment and vehicle fleet
- Coordinating security for multiple properties in Calgary including programing, installations & repairs on access control, burglar alarm, CCTV and mobile patrols
- Coordinating general contracting & permitting of small to medium capital projects and project updates for managers and executives
- Preparing external and companywide communications for both regular and emergency situations that affect employees and other organizations
- Reviewing and analyzing quotes, negotiating with vendors as necessary and coding invoices accurately
- Participating in the department’s strategic planning, influencing best practices to support DIRTT’s future growth
- Learning and performing additional tasks on an ongoing basis to support other members of the team and DIRTT
Who You Are
- You’re an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) with strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating effectively with all levels of the organization
- You thrive at problem-solving in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing many disparate requirements
- You’re flexible, adaptable and able to switch quickly from desktop to physical work
- You are a team player and genuinely happy to help your fellow employees without losing sight of department and company objectives
- You take ownership of your work and display great attention to detail including tracking and communicating situations until an appropriate resolution is achieved
- You have excellent organizational skills including scheduling, prioritizing and meeting deadlines in a complex work environment
- 2+ years of project coordination experience in a facilities or property management environment, or project management experience in a commercial construction environment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with general building maintenance and construction
- Physical demands of the role require kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders), reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50lbs.
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and clean 3-year drivers abstract with the ability to drive in varying road conditions
- Competency with computers and mobile phones is required
- Work will require occasional weekends and/or evenings and all team members must be available to support after-hours emergency situations when necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Outlook, Excel and SharePoint
- Proficiency with a variety of security software systems
- Proof of experience with project management software and project communication tools (including Gantt charts and a variety of financial software for budgets and tracking of costs)
- Building code knowledge is an asset
- AutoCAD experience is an asset
- Experience with Lean Process Improvement is an asset
This job posting will close end of day February 17th 2020
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.