Lead and execute an integrated strategy that fuses internal, partner and external communicationsApply Now
Energized by building brands and creating powerful narratives and content that measurably advance business goals, the Head of Brand Communications position at DIRTT will lead and execute an integrated strategy that fuses internal, partner and external communications, through all available channels (owned platforms, media, digital and social) to drive unrivalled levels of awareness and engagement - amplifying reach across all key stakeholder groups to achieve greater understanding, preference and selection of DIRTT’s solutions.
A balanced operator, you understand the varying and nuanced needs of a growth-stage industrial goods organization, can bring clarity of thought and a clear vision to what to say, how to say it and when to say it, and operate on the basis of the ‘minimum needed to be brilliant’. With strong business acumen and experience in all aspects of communications from corporate communications and media relations, through to digital strategies, you will develop a communications calendar, create followership to it, ensuring seamless and smooth activation across the business.
- Establish and drive the company’s first Brand Communications Calendar that defines DIRTT’s channels, the audiences they serve, key annual themes, content requirements, owners, objectives and current / future state metrics.
- Lead media relations and external communications efforts to develop a clear threefold plan to 1) Grow our business profile, 2) Penetrate vertical market segments and 3) Launch new products, reaching both decision maker and influencer audiences.
- Implement a street-smart internal communications strategy, reducing noise and traffic, yet driving organizational efficiencies that maximize employee engagement, inclusion and diversity, partnering with our HR / Talent team.
- Create powerful vehicles to communicate with, drive engagement from, and learn with our Partners across North America. This includes work closely with our Partners to support their efforts in communicating our brand consistently.
- Define the role, purpose and future evolution of all social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) establishing a strong and managed presence across all platforms, with measurable audience growth to maximize our customer insights and campaign targeting.
- Establish an owned and third-party content strategy to 1) Fuel a coordinated Social Selling strategy across our sales eco-system, and 2) Create editorialized knowledge and thought leadership content that positions DIRTT at the forefront of design, innovation and workplace strategy.
- Identify relationship and sponsorship opportunities with key associations and professional groups to elevate DIRTT’s brand and influence
- Lead a small team of passionate and driven communications professionals, providing the coaching and support they need to reach their full potential as employees and as individuals
- Lead external agencies and related vendors, maximizing their expertise, relationships and value to the organization
- Act as the main contact and spokesperson for DIRTT to the media
- Lead the development of media communications, press releases, Q&As, key messages, as well as executive presentations, statements and other communications
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related discipline required
- 10-15 years experience in a similar role/s managing complex projects or high-profile communications strategies and issues management in a large, cross-border company
- A strong record working effectively with senior executives, and a proven aptitude to build and maintain positive relationships with peers
- Solid agency management experience (drive to the point you get called in to renegotiate the retainer!)
- Understanding of today’s media landscape, its changing dynamics and the new metrics of media value
- Ability to develop a culture of creativity that is results driven
- Ability to articulate conceptual ideas in pragmatic, business and customer-centric terms
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Can build new processes and capabilities, but doesn’t allow process to get in the way if unhelpful
- Experience in digital and social channel management. Familiar with all platforms and LinkedIn products
- Excellent leadership skills, with strong experience successfully mentoring, coaching and developing talent
- Deep experience managing high-pressure situations
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.