Promote your “safety-first” mindset every step of the way and collaboratively shape the future of Health & Safety at DIRTT.Apply Now
Embrace that go-getter spirit. DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. Promote your “safety-first” mindset every step of the way and collaboratively shape the future of Health & Safety at DIRTT.
Do you have what it takes? You have a passion for the wellbeing of others. You are eager to make a difference in the lives of all your colleagues. Your track record of taking a solution-oriented approach to safety is admirable. You are an expert at executing Health & Safety standards and monitoring company-wide practices.
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, who’s extremely detail-oriented and not afraid to get things done. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team in Calgary, AB!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Proactively identifying potential health and safety initiatives to make DIRTT a safer place to work.
- Support the development of the DIRTT Health and Safety Management System to ensure Occupational Health and Safety compliance, and a safe workplace overall.
- Lead investigations, determination and root cause analysis of incidents and near misses.
- Support the Operations Team to ensure that incidents are reported, documented, investigated, and solutions are put in place to prevent future occurrences and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and communicate training records and corrective action items.
- Support the effectiveness of the Joint Health & Safety Committees.
- Build and support safety employee communications.
- Conduct onboarding and training.
- Ensure that standards and regulations are being adhered to at our Calgary facilities.
- Support WCB and RTW programs and providing ongoing follow-up with operations leaders.
- Develop and maintain JHA’s and safe work procedures. Work with operations team on implementation.
- Assist in the ongoing support and implementation of improvements to safety systems and procedures.
- Create, edit, and modify documentation, as well as maintain company safety statistics.
WHAT YOUR BRING TO DIRTT:
- 5+ years of experience in a Health and Safety related role.
- Working Knowledge of OH&S standards, Regulations, and Codes.
- CRSP certification required/attaining
- Occupational Health and Safety education and/or Kinesiology degree an asset.
- Preferred commercial construction or manufacturing safety experience.
- Self-motivation, enthusiastic, and must have the ability to anticipate and adjust to outcomes.
- AED and CPR certification preferred or must obtain within 3 months of start
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word and producing reports.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills along with the ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, open concept environment and be responsive to operational needs.
- Goal-oriented and likes the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong commitment to task completion.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel across facilities independently.
- Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking “outside the box”.
As this is a safety sensitive role as part of the hiring process you will be required to complete and pass pre-employment testing.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.