Partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. But we’re missing one important person. We are looking for an unorthodox entrepreneurial, out of the box thinker, to join us on the Talent Team in Calgary, AB.
We need a creative and talented people-professional who’s ready to take the next step in their career. We are an organization with an interactive, open environment, we have a huge amount of team spirit, and most important…we are a group that has a lot of fun.
Are you an energetic, team-oriented professional who enjoys working at a fast… seriously fast... pace!?
The Talent (HR) Business Partner will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. Acts as a strategic, trusted, and confidential partner to their business units by embedding HR Strategy into day-to-day work and provides support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business. You will help business leaders shift from reactive to proactive with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention and the overall employee experience. To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
Please note: Physical on-site presence at location is a requirement of this position, as is continual access to a reliable vehicle and valid class 5 driver’s license.
What You'll Do:
- Primary advisor for assigned business units for Talent questions and concerns, interacting with managers/employees in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide full-cycle cross-border advisory support to assigned business units for Talent/HR Initiatives including Recruitment and Retention, Onboarding, Offboarding, Organizational Design, Workforce Planning, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Development, Compensation & Benefits and Succession Planning.
- Partners with employees, supervisors, and managers in providing day-to-day solutions to clients’ Talent needs.
- Works closely with leadership and other Talent functions to ensure client groups are appropriately resourced and prepared to support business objectives
- Provide guidance, policy interpretation and direction to staff on issues of employee relations, organizational policy and procedures, etc.
- Works with the Learning and Development team to facilitate workshops to address the concerns of their client groups such as Team Effectiveness workshops
- Participates in various projects to drive the Talent strategy and continuous improvement within the Talent Team, executing on tasks such as research, compiling of information, document and report creation, and presentations.
- Act as advocates for employees to ensure that performance reviews fairly capture their situation and that development plans are created and followed
- Drives continuous process and procedure improvement to support the rapid growth of the organization.
- Updating employee data as required for manual tracking activities (such as: vacation tracking, immigration visa tracking, employee changes, performance reviews completion, etc.)
- Support Talent Centers of Excellence with various projects and communications to employees (e.g. Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition)
What You Bring to DIRTT:
- 5 years of experience in a Human Resources Business Partner or Generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred
- Certified or be working towards the professional designation of Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR)
- Experience working in a manufacturing, warehouse, construction, or oil field environment would be preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety policies, protocols and best practices would be beneficial
- Experience with Payroll & Benefits administration would be highly desirable
- Exposure to/experience with Disability Management (STD, LTD, WCB and return t work management) would also be preferred
- Knowledge of provincial employment standards legislation, human rights, health and safety legislation.
- Broad experience in policy and legislation interpretation, customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, sound judgment and sensitivity in dealing with internal/external clients.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) and is able to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and job levels (i.e., warehouse and manufacturing employees, line management, executives)
- Capacity to influence business leaders individually and collectively.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with superior skills in Excel would be beneficial to the success of the incumbent.
- The ability to build and maintain a working relationship with their business units based on trust.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.