Work with subject matter experts to develop courses for virtual and in-person learning.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, all with a little touch of fun. Work life balance, career progression and competitive compensation are all major benefits to this growing and successful team.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join and help grow our teams by developing courses for virtual and in-person classrooms and performing activities that support the training team. This will be based in Calgary, Alberta.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with subject matter experts to develop courses for a virtual classroom.
- Deliver clear, concise content that meets the team’s goals and supports the business strategy.
- Interview subject matter experts to understand complex concepts.
- Explain concepts in a clear and complete method.
- Create an engaging virtual and in-person classroom setting for Partners and DIRTT Associates.
What you bring to DIRTT:
- Certificate or bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in education, instructional design, curriculum development, adult learning or education, with a minimum 3 – 5 years related experience. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with instructional design for virtual and/or in-person training, including course design, storyboarding, materials, etc.
- Familiarity with principles of adult learning theory.
- Required ability to work closely and productively with remote stakeholders and team members.
- Preferred experience with facilitation in a virtual classroom.
- Knowledge of technical writing best practices and information curation.
- Clear and concise writing skills, with attention to spelling and grammar.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to process, analyze, and interpret data.
- Strong project planning, estimation, and scheduling
- Extremely organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly adaptable, driven and self-motivated.
- Great work ethic and a strong desire to work and learn in a dynamic environment.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with GoToTraining, Litmos, Help & Manual and Articulate.
- Familiarity with construction and design
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, and ICE software is an asset
- Familiarity with ADDIE
- Experience in video creation and editing skills for instructional videos
- Experience with Instructional Design Software – Articulate Rise 360
- Experience with Camtasia and Adobe Suite
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.