Work with subject matter experts to develop courses for a virtual classroom and/or e-learningApply Now
Based in Calgary, the Instructional Designer will be responsible for developing courses for virtual classrooms and performing activities that support the training team. This role will appeal to those looking to help DIRTT take its curriculum from a physical to virtual classroom.
What We're Looking For:
- Certificate or Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in education, instructional design, curriculum development, adult learning or education, with a minimum 3 – 5 years of related experience.
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with instructional design for virtual and/or in-person training, including course design, storyboarding, materials, etc.
- Required ability to work closely and productively with remote stakeholders and team members.
- Configuration and Administration of an LMS
- Experience with end to end course development
- Ability to deliver quality course material and strong attention to detail
- Highly adaptable, driven and self-motivated with great work ethic and a strong desire to work and learn in a dynamic environment.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with GoToWebinar, Litmos, Articulate and Adobe Creative Suite
What You'll Do:
- Work with subject matter experts to develop courses for a virtual classroom and/or e-learning
- Deliver clear, concise content that meets the team’s goals and supports the business strategy.
- Interview subject matter experts to understand complex concepts.
- Explain concepts in a clear and complete method.
- Create an engaging virtual classroom setting for Partners and internal staff.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.