Assist DIRTT Partners with design and pricing of DIRTT Casework Solutions.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions and our Casework team are looking for an Interior Designer to assist DIRTT Partners with design and pricing of DIRTT Casework Solutions. As well as serve as a resource about Casework for internal DIRTT departments.
Working under the direction of the Casework Team Lead, this person will have an active role in Solutions verification, supporting custom solutions, and creating manufacturing shop drawings.
This role can be a remote position if not based in Calgary, AB.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as DIRTT Casework point of contact for partners, factory, field reps and techs
- Continuously train partners on DIRTT Casework standards, finishes, and proprietary systems (ICE software)
- Work as part of a team to self-assign projects and respond to inquiries within 24 hours in a professional and positive manner
- Review partner project (ICE) files and complete solution verifications to ensure designs are compliant with DIRTT Casework requirements
- Work with other DIRTT departments to assist partners with custom Casework requests
- Coordinate creation of tailored idea starters as needed
- Identify and offer solutions to issues partners may experience with their proposed Casework designs/installations
- Create DIRTT Casework shop drawings within 48 hours for small to medium sized projects that are order ready
- Complete revisions to ICE files and DIRTT Casework shop drawings as needed
- Participate in trouble-shooting Casework issues in the field, provide superior support to partners when needed
- Develop, maintain, and update Casework design documentation as required
- Participate in testing new and improved Casework designs, hardware, finishes, etc. as a member of cross-functional teams
- Develop skills and knowledge within the DIRTT Casework design team by sharing internal and external knowledge gathered from completing partner projects
What You Bring To DIRTT:
- 5+ years of interior design experience, preferably with some casework experience
- A background from the commercial construction industry considered an asset
- Bachelor’s in a design related field or combination of education & equivalent experience
- Ability to read/analyze/interpret architectural drawings/sketches
- Proficient in AutoCAD, preferably with 3D experience
- Proficient in Windows, Office 365, individual Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with 3D Rendering software
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Deadline oriented
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Certification – NCIDQ, LEED, EDAC are a plus
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.