Lead the user experience team and own the user experience engagement processApply Now
Are you an accomplished product manager who can manage a team and drive process? Then you could be our next User Experience Lead in our Calgary office.
Ice Edge Business Solutions, a division of DIRTT Environmental Solutions, is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. But we’re missing one important person. We are looking for an experienced individual with excellent communication skills to join us as a Lead on the User Experience team in Calgary.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the user experience team and own the user experience engagement process, to collaborate with various development teams and initiatives.
- Understand the goals of a project and ensure all requirements and limitations are documented.
- Manage the work and mentor members of the user experience team; be the primary source for daily guidance and direction.
- Take on special projects that may relate to customer journey, support of product owners, or engaging directly with users.
- Manage project timelines for delivery and resources while mitigating any potential risks that may arise.
- Lead the development of product owner processes and maps.
- Develop the skills and knowledge of your team, providing user experience guidance to junior designers and empowering them to go above and beyond each and every time.
- Ensure processes and procedures are synthesized across the team.
- Identify and resolve areas of refinement in the user experience process to ensure continuous improvement.
- Create and understand customer/user workflows.
- Review design deliverables from the user experience team and make recommendations for improvement as required.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years experience in leading UX/UI or Product Management is a must.
- UI/UX/Human Factors training and experience.
- A deep understanding of UX design, principles, and methodologies.
- Willingness to take on special projects within the business.
- Experience doing customer journey mapping work is an asset.
- Must be a results-oriented self starter.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience as a project owner is an asset.
- Experience doing BA/BI work is an asset.
- Excellent listening and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.