Accountable for all DIRTT events.Apply Now
This role can be based in Calgary, Alberta; Dallas, Texas or work remotely.
You don’t hang out in the comfort zone. You’re constantly pushing the limits to produce exceptional results – and now you’re ready to help others do the same. With DIRTT growing leaps and bounds, we need an event-planning guru to ensure DIRTT’s events are as exciting and unique as the solutions we create.
Your awareness, knowledge and insight of the latest event trends and innovations will be critical for success. Reporting to the VP, Strategic Marketing, the Leader of Event Management will be accountable for the growth, development, and logistics management of all DIRTT events.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, develop and execute the full life cycle of the event planning process delivering a targeted, current and on brand experience for all attendees.
- Oversee the direction and management of DIRTT events, proactively looking for new and smarter ways to coordinate technical aspects and improve processes and procedures.
- Show a driven, hands-on management style that guides event best practice and raises event team performance.
- Define and develop strategic event growth plans to strengthen the client and employee experience.
- Manage the full cycle of an event plan from concept to clean up which may include; coordinating registrations, venues, vendors, exhibitors, stakeholders, and internal employees.
- Plan logistics and negotiate contracts for events, with respect to budgets, speakers, entertainment, transportation, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, printing, food and beverage, and other related issues.
- Negotiate terms and fees, and execute and administer multiple contracts with facilities, vendors, speakers, entertainers, etc., for service, in accordance with budget constraints and company policies and procedures.
- Produce and monitor financial forecasting and billing processes, as related to event budgets.
- Establish standardized event procedures and train employees on properly executing them.
- Track event key performance areas and identify opportunities for future improvements.
- Assesses promotions and events to ensure employee understanding, guest satisfaction, budget alignment and/or profitability.
Who you are:
- You’re an organization expert, with an incredible attention to detail who thrives in delivering a best in class experience.
- You’re tenacious, determined to succeed, and motivated by the success of clients, colleagues and the organization as a whole.
- You foster new ideas, bringing them through exploration to full clarity with a team of professionals.
What you bring to the role:
- 7+ years successful event management experience, planning and running mid-large corporate events… exceeding expectations is your specialty.
- Excellent understanding of event marketing and audience engagement.
- Strong experience in creating and designing event programs, including event themes, messaging, branding, out-of-the-box ideas and creative approaches to improving audience engagement and interaction.
- Excellent client management experiences, confidence in building relationships and pitching new ideas to senior stakeholders.
- Communication expertise. The ability to facilitate effective conversations both internally and externally.
- Problem-solving aptitude with top notch conflict resolution skills.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.