Repair, install, and maintain industrial equipment at our many factoriesApply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented, exceptional communicator, and not afraid to get things done. Skills needed to survive: You are a driven, energetic, and a courageous safety leader. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving abilities, and the ability to work independently. A big appetite to handle our on-staff chefs that will keep you coming back for more amazing grub. A twisted sense of humor and dedication to doing whatever it takes to keep growing DIRTT towards world Domination.
As a Journeyman Millwright, you will be responsible for mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, rigging, installation and alignment on a wide variety of DIRTT’s production equipment at multiple factories.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repair, install, and maintain industrial plant equipment, such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, conveyors, compressors, process piping and heat exchangers
- Inspect, maintain, install, and repair a wide variety of CNC/automated machinery for glass, wood, aluminum, and sheetmetal production
- Perform all preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul various components of these machines
- Write reports including work orders, progress reports, and equipment recommendations
- Must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Read blueprints and interpret manufacturer’s drawings, schematics, and overhaul instructions
- Record all work performed and recommended work in ManagerPlus CMMS
- Ensure PM schedules are completed on time
- Maintain a clean, and safe work environment
- Assist in training apprentices and/or trainees
- A valid Journeyman Millwright certificate (or equivalent Interprovincial Red Seal) as recognized by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board
- 3 years’ technical experience with CNC, wood working and metal equipment
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting abilities regarding pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, gearboxes, fans, welding, machining and conveyors
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent), with no more than 6 demerits, and no current suspensions or charges pending
- Must be able to work a 4 days on, 4 days off, 12-hour shift rotation
- Strong computer and smartphone abilities
- The ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams
- 5 years plus experience in manufacturing maintenance environment
- Electrical experience
- Turbo Encabulator rebuild experience
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.