Electrical/mechanical maintenance, inspection, installation, and repair of a wide variety of CNC/automated machinery for glass, wood, aluminum, and sheet metal productionApply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, who’s extremely detail oriented, an exceptional communicator, and not afraid to get things done. Applicants must be a Red Seal Electrician & Millwright. Skills needed to survive: You are a driven, energetic, hard worker and a courageous safety leader. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, have an excellent knowledge of code and the ability to work independently. A big appetite to handle our on-staff chefs that will keep you coming back for more amazing grub.
As the Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for troubleshooting manufacturing equipment and electrical issues, maintenance of equipment, ordering and requesting parts for inventory for DIRTT’s production equipment at multiple factories.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the electrical/mechanical maintenance, inspection, installation, and repair of a wide variety of CNC/automated machinery for glass, wood, aluminum, and sheet metal production.
- Implementation of new machines as well as perform and schedule repairs and preventative maintenance (PM) to production equipment. Read blueprints and interpret manufacturer’s drawings, schematics, and overhaul instructions.
- Write reports including work orders, progress reports, and equipment recommendations
- Working with and maintaining records in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ability to communicate within the team as well as the organization, must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Procurement and inventory control
- Comply with and implement Safety and Health regulations in the workplace
- After hours on call responsibilities
- 4-6 years as a Red Seal Tradesman as recognized by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board
- Strong controls, PLC, troubleshooting experience, mechanical aptitude and be safety conscious
- Ability to think logically, analytically, solve problems, meet deadlines on an ongoing basis
- 3 years’ technical experience with CNC, wood working and metal equipment
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent) with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must be able to work 4 days on, 4 days off, 12-hour shift rotation with flexibility to work overtime
- Mechanical experience with a working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and machining processes
- Strong computer and smartphone abilities
- Team player with excellent people, organizational skills and ability to work with diverse trades
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.