Implement and improve DIRTT's use of Lean Management Systems.Apply Now
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our successes together and achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
Are you a risk-taker who can handle demanding lead times, deadlines, custom products, and a variety of other processes unique to DIRTT’s various product lines? If you think you can handle it and are ready for the most intense and rewarding challenge of your career, then read on and join DIRTT!
The Operational Excellence team (OPEX) has opportunity for an energetic results-focused DIRTTBag. The team’s mandate is to help implement and improve its use of Lean Management Systems for the purpose of improving team engagement and performance, building greater resilience, and driving operational excellence across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on role working with and engaging our plant employees around process improvement related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Lean Manufacturing
- Lead problem-solving efforts to improve quality and eliminate waste in all areas of the business
- Responsible for implementation of written policies and procedures under the direction of site leadership
- Lead cross-departmental and cross-functional improvement programs across operations and supply chain, focus on driving significant value to the business in terms of cost, revenue, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to identify and implement process improvements involving stakeholders and process owners
- Maintain, Monitor and follow up on all action items generated from level 1 and level 2 boards
- Create and maintain documentation related to all operational process changes working with quality department
- Responsible for creation of quality alerts and 5W2H
- Maintain, Monitor and Report key performance metrics to senior` management on various intervals as defined.
- Learn and Teach employees in Lean methodology and mentor through various kaizen projects
- Manage process improvement projects and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Learn and lead value stream mapping (VSM) to identify and drive business improvements
- Support site leadership in driving operational excellence strategy through 5S, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) etc.
- Conduct and facilitate meetings with various stakeholders to engage and drive lean initiatives from time to time as identified by management
- Coach and train frontline supervision on effective problem-solving methodologies driving ownership and engagement
- Walk the talk and lead by example promoting the culture of “DIRTT”
- 5+ years of Operational Excellence experience in a lean manufacturing setting
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certification is required
- Excellent people management, collaboration and organizational skills and experience
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing space with previous hands-on lean manufacturing process
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes/engineering for fully customizable products is desired
- Must be safety oriented and aid in driving a top notch safety culture
- Strong MS Office suite skills and proficient at using computers
- Ability to work with daily/monthly deadlines and time constraints on an ongoing basis
- Able to change priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking "outside the box"
- Working knowledge in root cause analysis, DMAIC improvement process and core tools used to drive Lean Six Sigma projects is highly desired
- Results-oriented leadership style with strong influencing skills.
- Credible teacher to diverse levels of people and capable of developing and executing lean strategies that yield measurable business results.
- Familiarity with TOC Models
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.