Be part of a small but mighty team that ensures accuracy around both Canadian and US payroll processing.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. Work life balance, career progression and competitive compensation are all major benefits of being a DIRTT employee.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Do you have what it takes? The successful Payroll Administrator candidate will be part of a small but mighty team that ensures accuracy around both Canadian and US payroll processing. You will be part of a hard-working team who knows how to have some fun along the way. You must be a driven, energetic, professional individual with strong customer service and attention to detail. The ability to multitask efficiently, plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Processing semimonthly payroll for Canadian and US employees, in a timely manner, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Review, reconcile and ensure accuracy, of approved time and attendance
- Prepare, calculate, and process earnings, deductions, pay adjustments, retro pays etc. for hourly and salary employee for Canadian and US employees as required
- Preparing and maintaining benefit records for all Canadian and US pay groups as required
- Ensure all electronic filing is up to date for all employees.
- Support other projects that come up within the Payroll Team as assigned by Payroll Manager
- Apply company policies, procedures, and internal payroll controls to all payroll processing.
- Apply payroll professional standards to all interactions regarding payroll matters in accordance with legislation and governance.
- Ensure compliance to federal and provincial / state regulations and tax calculation as required.
- Maintain Documentation of payroll processes to execute day-to-day work procedures.
- Follow internal control requirements, reporting, and KPIs per governance
- Outstanding customer service, always.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum 4 years of experience processing payroll, in a busy environment using complex payroll systems for 500+ employees.
- College Diploma or Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Completed PCP designation from the CPA and/or equivalent APA certification is preferred.
- Well versed in Canadian provincial and federal legislation and related payroll functions and processes.
- Good understanding of basic taxation for US Earnings - Federal / State, and other mandatory obligations
- Familiar with US benefits and 401K Plans and remittances
- Familiar with US State workers compensation filings and other demographic reporting
- Experience with Canadian Benefits, WCB, WSIB, EHT
- Experience with UltiPro software is an asset.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and One Note.
- Understanding Audit controls and compliance is required.
- Proven customer service skills, oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills is a definite requirement.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and flexibility, is key in this role
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality is critical
As part of our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives we are collecting voluntary data during the application process to better understand who is interested in joining our team and ensuring we are considering a diverse group of people for our open roles. Please click the link below or copy and paste in your browser to participate.
The safety, mental health and wellness of all DIRTT employees is essential to our shared success. So please be aware that future opportunities may require proof of vaccination.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.