Leading the payroll process for Canada and the U.S.A.Apply Now
DIRTT IS HIRING!
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to lead our team of four amazing payroll professionals in processing payroll for 1,200+ employees in Canada and the U.S.A. We are looking for someone who is not shy to initiate process change and improvements and has depth in internal controls and systems.
This position will suit a driven leader that is detail oriented and can motivate their team to consistently meet tight deadlines. You are an energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. You are an excellent communicator and able to drive insightful conclusions from meaningful analysis. The ability to plan proactively, work with multiple stakeholders and respond to changing needs will be what makes you successful in this position.
What you will do:
- Oversight and full accountability of all activities related to payroll processes
- Supervise the daily operations of Canadian and US Payroll as well as monthly or annual accounting and tax reconciliation requirements
- Provide leadership in system / process / policy improvement or implementation initiatives
- Mentor, develop and motivate a team (local and remote)
- Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are followed, and the primary contact for all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the company’s payroll platform and payroll services provider
- Ensure your team operates with effective and efficient processes in each of their respective areas while complying with standards and regulations
- Troubleshoot errors or problems arising within systems integrated with the payroll process (i.e. time and attendance systems)
- Evaluate existing payroll policies, procedures and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with the finance and talent and other functional teams in the organization to ensure payroll understands and delivers service needs
What you bring:
- 10+ years’ experience in Canadian and U.S. payroll
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- In depth understanding of Provincial and State taxes and other legislative requirements, including reporting, compliance, and audit requirements
- Experience, expertise and passion for payroll systems, implementation, integration and automation, with a desire for continuous improvement
- HR policy knowledge and capability to lead process/system improvements while collaborating with a cross-functional team
- A relevant University Degree or College Diploma and payroll certification is preferred (CPA, PCP, CPM)
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel (pivot tables, vlook up)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism, able to maintain a positive attitude and composure during stressful situations
To apply for this exciting new position please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the position title in your subject line.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.