Recommending, developing and implementing new or improved processes.Apply Now
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our successes together and achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
Are you a risk-taker who can handle demanding lead times, deadlines, custom products, and a variety of other processes unique to DIRTT’s various product lines? If you think you can handle it and are ready for the most intense and rewarding challenge of your career, then read on and join DIRTT!
The Process Engineer will be responsible for recommending, developing and implementing new or improved processes and procedures to maximize, operational quality, efficiency, and capacity in a Lean-Manufacturing environment.
What you’ll do:
- Development of all Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, and SWI’s as required for new programs and existing programs.
- Participate as required on new part programs APQP teams.
- Source new equipment within guidelines of department and PMDM machine specification.
- Champion process flow, machine cycle, equipment and work cell layout activities utilizing lean principles
- Facilitate and participate with the quality department to solve part quality issue, use of various problem solving techniques is required.
- Work with production to aid in the troubleshooting of production parts and processes; providing support where needed.
- Participate in reporting to management progress on problem solving.
- Track and develop action plans to improve OEE for part programs.
- Ensure that CI activity is ongoing with respect to RPN number improvement for all PFMEA’s.
- Participate and/or lead teams on continuous improvement activities SMED, VSM, 5S, and inventory management techniques.
- Develop Continuous Improvement projects to reduce part costs, lead-time, scrap, tooling dollars, or rework/screening.
- Formulates and implements improvement plans within the Winner’s Circle program for CI activities
- Ensure compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines,
- Prepare and revise production operations and standards manuals,
- Perform various similar and related duties as required.
What you bring:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience within a mechanical or manufacturing discipline.
- Familiarity with mechanical and/or hydraulic pressing.
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Systems (ISO, QS, TS) and Lean Manufacturing principles and practices,
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook and AutoCAD,
- Strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this exciting new position please email us at: email@example.com.
Please quote the position title in your subject line.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.