We are looking for a Production Lead hand to ensure successful outcomes with quality, delivery timing and employee engagement.Apply Now
HAVE YOU HEARD THE DIRTT?!
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our successes together and achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a Production Lead hand to lead our factory teams that work a 4 on, 4 off, 12-hour shift rotation, ensuring successful outcomes with quality, delivery timing and employee engagement. In addition, with the focus on improvement, the right individual will know how to evaluate then improve our processes, streamline our production, and will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Work directly on the floor with all levels of manufacturing team members to first learn, then lead production
- Lead Hand is responsible for leading a certain area, such as, finishing, staining booths, automated finishing, sander assemblers and 2 packaging lines
- Planning and organizing production schedules by assessing project and resource requirements
- Coaching, developing and cross-training our staff to ensure we have the right talent in the right place; recruiting and onboarding new staff, directing improvement opportunity discussions and follow ups as required. Resolve escalated team matters
- Conduct daily meetings, stretches and attendance verification
- Update SQDP board and detailed crossover information and communicate to team members daily
- Ensure incoming jobs are lined up in the correct order for execution.
- Manage paint inventory, shipping requirements, finishing schedules, maintenance requests and information requests to other areas of the business.
- Manage job specific application software (insight, Xright, and the DIRTT schedule).
- Verify and hold operators who are performing processes and procedures accountable to standard
- Strong focus on continuing improvement
- Responsible for follow up and follow through on said processes, such as, streaming lining production
- Developing (or enhancing current) tools, processes and techniques to eliminate waste & quality issues including under/overproduction, delays, non-value-added activities, version control and product deficiencies
- Proactively communicate with other departments to maintain quality and production standards, conduct daily quality audits
- Coordinating the maintenance of health and safety programs to ensure the associated processes and procedures are in place and being followed
- Maintain a quality facility that’s clean and impressive!
- Excellent people management, collaboration and organizational skills and experience
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing space with previous hands-on leadership experience (5 years or more) in a manufacturing or construction role
- Previous experience wood finishing environments is considered an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office programs and proficient at using computers
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to hard deadlines
- Ability to supervise a group of 35-40 employees
- Great communication and effective listening skills
- Strong analytical skills
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.