Strategic minded approach to procurement.Apply Now
With clients all over North America, DIRTT’s products, technology and people create one of the most exciting and unique working atmospheres anywhere. DIRTT is a fast-paced growing entrepreneurial employer looking for a Senior Buyer to join our Supply Chain team!
This position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented and not afraid to get things done. You are a driven, energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and approve Purchase Orders, as required to meet production requirements
- Liaise closely with production teams to ensure requirements meet lead times and quality standards
- Review and approve invoices
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment between stakeholder priorities and goals and Supply Chain strategies
- Use market research, industry knowledge and data analytics to identify opportunities for potential sourcing activities
- Lead cross-functional opportunities
- Lead the sourcing process and negotiation strategies
- Lead negotiation of agreements and provide contractual and commercial expertise, support and guidance in the development and negotiation of agreements
- Establish or refining agreement terms and conditions to meet business and risk needs
- Manage key supplier relationships through performance, reporting and governance model
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation with suppliers
- Lead issue resolution activities
- Effectively build relationships
- Exceptional with people, highly detailed in organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or other technical related field
- 5 – 10 years of supply chain experience
- Strong knowledge of all supply chain functions including strategic sourcing, contract management, procurement and inventory management
- Proven negotiation and relationship building skills
- Capacity to think logically and analytically to solve problems
- Experience in a manufacturing setting, ideally in an intense working environment with tight deadlines
- Possess excellent MS Office, and database skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with daily/monthly deadlines and time constraints on an ongoing basis
- Be a straight-talker; the kind of person who says what they think, not what other people want to hear
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.