Provides strategic council and tactical contribution to internal communications, marketing and media relations.Apply Now
Are you a strategic communicator with deep experience and the future-forward ability to create connections between culture, content, clients and people across all digital and human platforms? Do you love the merging of content, marketing, media and digital and thrive in a fast paced, adrenalin-fuelled environment? If so, this could be the start of something awesome. We’re looking for a self-driven and ambitious communicator to join our in-house communications group at DIRTT’s Calgary HQ. You’ll become part of a passionate team that’s disrupting the construction world with a faster, more sustainable and all-around better way to build.
The Senior Communications & Media Relations Specialist provides strategic council and tactical contribution to internal communications, marketing and media relations and is responsible for developing and implementing effective, measurable strategies that support DIRTT’s partners and drive revenue for our business.
As an influencer position, this role requires a professional that has the confidence to promote our brand across global markets as well as the diplomacy to empower our internal team to reflect our brand during all partner touchpoints.
This role is part of the corporate communications team and works closely with the Leadership, Partner Success, Marketing, Investor Relations and our internal business units.
- Develop and deliver a cross-platform and multi-audience editorial strategy that aligns with and drives the business plan and our brand.
- Ensure consistent brand execution internally and externally, news outlets, publications, and speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate and work across the business with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Provide day-to-day communications support for teams throughout DIRTT, including operations, investor relations, talent and business development. This may include internal news updates, presentations, speeches and scripts, executive correspondence, news releases and media alerts, expert bios, executive briefing materials, web content and more.
- Draft sensitive and confidential information on behalf of the leadership team.
- Create and execute media strategies, manage media interaction and advise the leadership team on external relations.
- Understand reputation management and provide advice and support for issues management and crisis situations.
- Support DIRTT’s digital content and online reputation.
- Ability to set metrics and evaluate PR campaign effectiveness.
Who you are:
- Demonstrate an agile, proactive and collaborative approach to organizational change and competing demands.
- Calm and steady under pressure and can synthesize data quickly and produce work that is relevant and practical during tight deadlines.
- Strategic counsel between subject matter experts and the audience; someone who knows the value of building relationships through communication and rapport.
What you bring to the role:
- Post-secondary education in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- 7+ years of progressive communications experience.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- You’ve written for various brands and audiences. You can develop content that speaks directly to a diverse range of people, industries and demographics.
- Sharp business acumen that underpins your ability to navigate competing demands and complex situations.
- Media relations experience.
- Thrive under pressure and excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and are great at managing projects from start to finish.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information while exercising sound judgment and professionalism at all times.
- Experience with issues management and corporate crisis situations.
- Skilled at gathering and interpreting information from a wide range of sources.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.