Maximize operational quality, efficiency, and capacity in a lean-manufacturing environmentApply Now
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our successes together and achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
Are you a risk-taker who can handle demanding lead times, deadlines, custom products, and a variety of other processes unique to DIRTT’s various product lines? If you think you can handle it and are ready for the most intense and rewarding challenge of your career, then read on and join DIRTT!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Your role will be to coach the cross functional teams at DIRTT on how to apply core CI/Lean Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste. This will include the facilitation of Kaizen Events, conducting Lean training (Yellow Belt, 5S, RCA etc.) and implementing other Lean programs. You will also identify constraining bottlenecks, recommend, develop and implement improvements to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity Metrics across the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Leverage Six Sigma and Lean Tools (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Gemba, Plan Do Check Act, SMED, Poke Yoke) to reduce waste and deliver continuous improvement across business metrics.
- Improve employee engagement in Lean Manufacturing programs by continuously coaching, training and leveraging Lean tools. This will include monitoring ongoing improvement initiatives in each facility including green belt, yellow belt and other kaizen projects.
- Work cross functionally to leverage RCA, CAR, SCAR procedures to support improvement people, process and product improvements. understand root causes and close identified gaps.
- Support Safety, Quality, Engineering and Operations delivery of KPI’s.
- Track and develop action plans to improve OEE
- Monitor and close gaps in TPM programs to improve effectiveness and reduce waste.
- Ensure standardization of continuous improvement and lean activities and tools across the organization through implementation of industry and cross-industry best practices.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with established industry safety, quality, and design standards.
- Execute change management processes to effectively implement improvements and changes to reduce waste and improve customer satisfaction.
- Maintain, and update documentation as improvements are being made to people systems, procedures or products.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- You are an influential change agent with strong facilitation, communication and collaboration skills.
- 7+ years in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 2 years in a continuous improvement role.
- Demonstrated experience implementing change across a manufacturing organization – change leadership, and process implementation skills.
- Must have Lean Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification.
- Demonstrated experience building talent and lean manufacturing skills across an organization.
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Management Systems and Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong computer and analytical skills including Microsoft Office (Power BI, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook and AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
As this is a safety sensitive role as part of the hiring process you will be required to complete and pass pre-employment testing.
Please note this posting will close on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.