As a Senior UX Specialist, you will actively seek out opportunities to improve the software experience for designers creating state-of-the-art architectural solutions for hospitals, commercial, and residential spaces.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
ICE software pioneered the application of video game technology to create 3D environments for interior construction. We continue to push the envelope of technology with virtual and augmented reality integration to reimagine manufacturing and engineering. All this, while the back end of the system melts into other business software and ERP systems.
Check out the ICE Mixed Reality Experience video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NThcA3rkXTo
As a Senior UX Specialist, you will actively seek out opportunities to improve the software experience for designers creating state-of-the-art architectural solutions for hospitals, commercial, and residential spaces. You’ll also be improving workflows for a wide array of internal business teams by researching complex user journeys in manufacturing and construction, then translating your findings into the design of effective software tools. Reporting to the UX Lead, you’ll be an advocate for the experience of thousands of end users as you work with teams of software developers and product managers to ensure the software, we make is fit for purpose.
This is not your standard UX gig. We’re looking for a UX professional that will thrive on proactively and creatively seeking out ways to improve and optimize the user experience of ICE software and the workflows of expert teams within DIRTT. If you’re a systems thinker interested in going deeper with UX, enjoy working with complex systems and user journeys, and want to break new ground with opportunities to invent new UX patterns that don’t have precedent, we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll do:
- Gather, analyze, synthesize, and communicate qualitative user research data from end users and stakeholders
- Translate research findings into effective information architectures, system designs, and interaction designs
- Create visualizations of complex user journeys and communicate them to the broader teams
- Apply informed and experienced UX judgment in discussions of complex problems and opportunities
- Advise on UX best practices for development work in progress
- Collect and analyze quantitative usage data to identify behavior patterns and ideate improvements
- Validate your designs by creating prototypes and testing them with users
- Write Agile user stories that articulate the needs of the users and business value
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements for successful implementation of products and managing work within a defined priority sequence
- Work in a dynamic Agile environment and be involved in activities within the team including estimating, requirements, sprint planning, research, testing, maintenance of information, and document creation
Who you are:
- You’ve got 5+ years’ experience gathering user data and translating findings into effective software designs
- You're smart, creative, and persistent
- You’re proactive about getting the insights you need to design the right things
- You’re great at conveying the story of how people behave with respect to their jobs and the software they use, based on your observations and interactions with them
- You’re a systems thinker that is comfortable in the weeds of a problem as well as at 50,000 feet
- You identify UX opportunities that others don’t always see, and you're able to independently put a plan together to capitalize on them
- You enjoy working in Agile development environments and could explain why we’d want to build software this way
- You’re happy when mentoring and educating other team members
- You desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment where everybody has a voice and is expected to speak up
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.