Learn all aspects of our Shipping department.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. Work life balance, career progression and competitive compensation are all major benefits to this growing and successful team.
Are you an energetic, team-oriented professional, who enjoys working at a fast… seriously fast pace!? You can’t wait to experience the high pitch scream of saw blades cutting through material in the factory you’ll be working in? You enjoy getting your hands DIRTTy – pun intended - and you also like having someone else make your lunch?
DIRTT is seeking a Shipping Associate to join our Shipping Team in Calgary!
What You’ll Do:
- Building Crate skids coming off the assembly lines for outgoing shipments using pneumatic tools (nail, screw and staple guns)
- Work to ensure that shipments are complete and sent out in a timely manner
- Maintain tools, equipment and ensure a clean, safe shipping area
- Operating forklift, reach truck, pallet jack, scissor lift and other warehouse equipment in a safe manner
- Lifting or moving objects up to 50lbs regularly
- Coordinating picking the orders and loading truck trailers
- Coordinating packaging and shipping of Small Parcel Courier shipments
- Follow standard operating procedures, safe operating practices, 5S, standard work and other lean manufacturing principles
- Rotate between the Crate Building, Shipping and Courier Shipment roles
- Actively participate in the growth and evolution of our revolutionary business
What you bring to DIRTT:
- 3+ years of shipping and/or receiving experience preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with pneumatic and power tools is required
- Forklift / Pallet Jack Experience and ticket is required
- Physical dexterity and the ability to lift up to 50lbs and occasionally more
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment is an asset
- Computer with ERP experience is an asset
- Problem solving abilities and detail oriented
- Driven, energetic and a strong commitment to task completion
- Able to work safely in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Flexible schedule and able to work overtime when needed
- Work well together with a multi-faceted team.
Must be able to work a 4 days on, 4 days off, 12-hour shift rotation.
Please note: A pre-employment drug & background test will be required as part of a pre-requisite for this role.
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.