DIRTT Environmental Solutions, is looking for an experienced, passionate, out of the box thinker who is ready for a challenge.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions, is looking for an experienced, passionate, out of the box thinker who is ready for a challenge. As a Software Developer, you will produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Not only will you participate in developing the ICE application, interior construction design application, you’ll also be a mentor to other developers, provide leadership, maintain code quality, debug at an advanced level and design new functionality.
ICE software pioneered the application of video game technology to create 3D environments for interior construction. We continue to push the envelope of technology with virtual and augmented reality integration to reimagine manufacturing and engineering. All this, while the back end of the system melts into other business software and ERP systems.
Check out the ICE Mixed Reality Experience video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NThcA3rkXTo
As a Software Developer, you should be comfortable around application development, front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work in an agile dynamic environment and be involved in all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, deployments and documentation creation.
WHO YOU ARE?
- 5-10+ years of software development experience combined with industry-related experience.
- Proven experience as a Software and/or Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Scrum or Agile leadership is a plus,
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Previous experience working in AWS Cloud development
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with object-oriented development, Java or .net preferred and concurrent systems development (multithreaded, distributed, etc.)
- A desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment where everybody has a voice and is expected to speak up along with the ability to provide direction and mentorship to other team members
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.