Work with vendors, product development, operation and procurement to improve supplier quality and reduce internal and external defectsApply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes? DIRTT is looking for a Supplier Quality Advisor to support our operations and supply chain teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with vendors, product development, operation and procurement to improve supplier quality and reduce internal and external defects.
- Leverage strong problem solving and analytical skills to facilitate cross functional root cause analysis and work with vendors to put supplier corrective actions in place.
- Lead the Kaizen process and change management initiatives to implement improved solutions.
- Reduce raw material variability to improve overall quality performance while supporting other business KPI’s.
- Implement the DIRTT Quality Management System by completing training, system audits and providing data and analysis to procurement and operations teams.
- Lead external vendor audits, regulatory standard audits and maintain regulatory compliance program.
- Facilitate and control engineering changes on all raw materials to ensure product quality is maintained.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years proven quality or process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Bachelors’ degree in Quality, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience within a mechanical or manufacturing discipline.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, Six Sigma standards and Lean Manufacturing Principles – Green Belt Certification would be an asset.
- Audit experience for vendors, internal quality management programs.
- Strong facilitation, collaboration, coaching & communication skills.
- Require minimum supervision – you are a self started, comfortable implementing process improvement and can balance daily priorities with strategic improvement initiatives.
- CQE certification through ASQ an asset.
- Working knowledge of standardize materials testing for wood, glass and aluminum and material composition analysis.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Critical/logical thinking – able to locate problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Willing to deliver on strict timelines and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with MS Office including Power BI, Sharepoint & experience with CAD.
The Supplier Quality Advisor role is a safety sensitive position: pre-employment drug & background screening will be required as a pre-requisite for this role.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.