Use Lean methodologies like SQDIP to prioritize the team and drive improvements of the critical fewApply Now
You don’t settle for ordinary. Neither do we. Pull that superhero cape out of your closet. Join a community of passionate and energetic people on a mission to change how the world builds. It's not always going to be easy.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor to lead our Rock Hill, North Carolina facility! The successful candidate will work 4 days on, 4 days off, and a 12-hour shift rotation. The selected candidate will have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing process with previous hands-on leadership experience while ensuring successful outcomes with quality, delivery timing and employee engagement. The right candidate will have worked in a SQDIP/daily management environment and should have lean implementation experience including strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. We don’t have offices or titles, and our employees are known affectionately as DIRTTbags. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our success together and achieve what others can only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
- Safety and Quality focus using problem solving techniques to ensure our employees and our customers are protected
- Use Lean methodologies like SQDIP to prioritize the team and drive improvements of the critical few
- Drive the 5S of the plant
- Planning and organizing production schedules by assessing project and resource requirements
- Coaching and developing our staff to ensure we have the right talent in the right place, recruiting and onboarding new staff, directing improvement opportunity discussions and follow ups as required
- Maintain employee work schedules, including day to day assignments, shifting, training, vacations (and coverage). Strong focus on maximizing capacity throughput to reduce necessity for additional labor input (i.e. overtime)
- Responsible for identifying specific areas to improve efficiency and flow of work on factory floor by understanding operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations (or constraints)
- Developing (or enhancing current) tools, processes and techniques to eliminate waste & quality issues including under/overproduction, delays, non-value-added activities, version control and product deficiencies
- Proactively communicate with other departments to maintain quality and production standards
- Work with the maintenance to ensure PM’s are completed on time
- Lean experience is a must
- Has been in multiple continuous improvement events (Kaizen)
- Excellent people management, collaboration and organizational skills and experience
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing space with previous hands-on leadership experience (5 years or more) in manufacturing
- Previous experience working in woodworking, metal and CNC environments is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed post-secondary education
- Previous experience in a automated or semi-automated manufacturing environment is an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office programs and proficiency with computers
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.