Support new business development through leading our bids, proposals and commercial response process, content and tools.Apply Now
DIRTT is seeking a forward-looking, resourceful and team-focused Bid Manager to join a world-class organization that is changing the face of industrialized construction. The Bid Manager will collaborate with strategic, national and regional sales teams, our partner channel, operations, marketing and the creative studio, to support new business development through leading our bids, proposals and commercial response process, content and tools. The goal is to elevate the customers experience and increase our win rate.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in driving the strategy and preparation of opportunities from pursuit through submission and award, working in partnership with our sales leaders and account managers. Exceptional communication, organizational, and strategic-thinking skills are vital to this position, as well as a willingness to work further upstream in the sales process to drive rigor across the entire proposal and pre-proposal lifecycle. In addition, the position understands that everything communicates, and works with our marketing and creative team to ensure that all touchpoints are of the highest quality and on-brand.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process for assigned opportunities
- Lead all relevant proposal related teaming sessions, especially prior to RFP release
- Ensure proposal strategies are developed, approved and executed, providing guidance to sales reps and partners for the consistent application of an overall response strategy
- Write and edit elements of white papers, RFI’s, internal artifacts, and proposals as needed to ensure a consistent voice and inclusion of appropriate win themes, positioning and information
- Develop proposal outlines and templates according to business and brand requirements
- Build a proposals database using appropriate software to ensure greater speed, scalability, accuracy and consistency in commercial responses
- Manage direct reports and other stakeholders to meet proposal milestones and deadlines
- Provide training to two team members on the proposal process, review process, and/or writing process and best practices
- Partner with the strategic accounts & enterprise sales teams to identify growth opportunities, and opportunities to strengthen DIRTT’s competitive position
- Partner with sales value engineers to support the development of proposal budgets and effort build-ups
Who You Are:
- 7+ years related work experience in proposal management & sales ops roles
- Post Secondary Education in a relatable field
- Understanding of, and experience with, construction / FF&E procurement practices
- Ability to develop and/or assist in developing compelling themes, messaging and positioning
- Proficiency in desktop publishing, presentations, and document management applications in MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint), Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to drive positive results with minimum supervision
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to influence without authority
- Strong editing, proofing and grammar skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to solicit inputs from SMEs and translate into clear customer-focused content
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently, in person and on conference calls
- Ability to work well under pressure, make decisions quickly and seek counsel when needed
- Ability to maintain courteous and professional relationships with employees and leadership
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.