Promote your “safety-first” mindset every step of the way and collaboratively shape the future of Health & Safety at DIRTT.Apply Now
Embrace that go-getter spirit. DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people known lovingly as DIRTTbags. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. Promote your “safety-first” mindset every step of the way and collaboratively shape the future of Health & Safety at DIRTT.
Do you have what it takes? You have a passion for the wellbeing of others. You are eager to make a difference in the lives of all DIRTTbags. Your track record of taking a solution-oriented approach to safety is admirable. You are an expert at executing Health & Safety standards and monitoring company-wide practices.
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, who’s extremely detail-oriented and not afraid to get things done. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
We are looking for a Safety Advisor to join our team in Phoenix, AZ!
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying potential health and safety initiatives to make DIRTT a safer place to work.
- Support the development of the DIRTT Safety program to ensure Occupational Health and Safety compliance, and a safe workplace overall.
- Lead investigations, determination and root cause analysis of incidents.
- Support the Operations Team to ensure that incidents are reported, documented, investigated, and solutions are put in place to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain and communicate training records and corrective action items.
- Support the effectiveness of the Health & Safety committees.
- Build and support safety employee communications.
- Conduct onboarding and training.
- Ensure that standards and regulations are being adhered to at the Phoenix facility.
- Manage WCB and RTW programs and providing ongoing follow-up with operations leaders.
- Conduct and maintain JHA’s and safe work procedures. Work with operations team on implementation.
- Assist in the ongoing support and implementation of improvements to safety systems and procedures.
- Create, edit, and modify documentation, as well as maintain company safety statistics.
- 5+ years of experience in a Health and Safety related role.
- Working Knowledge of OSHA standards, Regulations, and Codes.
- CSP certification required
- Occupational Health and Safety education an asset.
- Preferred commercial construction or manufacturing safety experience.
- Self-motivation, enthusiastic, and must have the ability to anticipate and adjust to outcomes.
- AED and CPR certification preferred or must obtain within 3 months of start
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word and producing reports.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills along with the ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, open concept environment and be responsive to operational needs.
- Goal-oriented and likes the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong commitment to task completion.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel across facilities independently.
- Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking “outside the box”.
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.