Identify and implement new lean manufacturing solutions and create optimized process flow for new and existing productsApply Now
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our successes together and achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
Are you a risk-taker who can handle demanding lead times, deadlines, custom products, and a variety of other processes unique to DIRTT’s various product lines? If you think you can handle it and are ready for the most intense and rewarding challenge of your career, then read on and join DIRTT!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
As the Process Engineer you will be responsible for identifying and implementing new lean manufacturing solutions and creating optimized process flow for new and existing products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage CAPEX Project on time and within budget
- Support New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Management
- Source new equipment within guidelines of department and PMDM machine specification
- Champion process flow, machine cycle, equipment and work cell layout activities utilizing lean principles
- Work with production to aid in the troubleshooting of production parts and processes; providing support where needed
- Participate in reporting to management progress on problem solving
- Track and develop action plans to improve OEE for part programs
- Ensure that CI activity is ongoing with respect to RPN number improvement for all PFMEA’s
- Participate and/or lead teams on continuous improvement activities SMED, VSM, 5S, and inventory management techniques
- Develop Continuous Improvement projects to reduce part costs, lead-time, scrap, tooling dollars, or rework/screening
- Formulates and implements improvement plans within the Winner’s Circle program for CI activities
- Ensure compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines
- Prepare and revise production operations and standards manuals
- Perform various similar and related duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing, preferably in the automotive industry
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience within a mechanical or manufacturing discipline
- Familiarity with mechanical and/or hydraulic pressing
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Systems (ISO, QMS) and Lean Manufacturing principles and practices
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook and AutoCAD
- Strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
As this is a safety sensitive role as part of the hiring process you will be required to complete and pass pre-employment testing.
Please note this posting will close on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.