We are a business-first technology company, providing a suite of revolutionary software solutions.Apply Now
Are you an accomplished software developer? Then you could be our next Developer in Sheffield, UK.
Ice Edge Business Solutions, a division of DIRTT Environmental Solutions, is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. But we’re missing one important person. We are looking for an experienced, passionate, out of the box thinker, to join us on a long-term contract. This is a remote position, based in the UK as part of our team in Sheffield.
We are a business-first technology company, providing a suite of revolutionary software solutions. Our innovative approach to technology helps people design, engineer and manufacture their products better with less waste and errors, while enabling them to go to market faster with highly customizable products.
ICE software pioneered the application of video game technology to create 3D environments for interior construction. We continue to push the envelope of technology with virtual and augmented reality integration to reimagine manufacturing and engineering. All this, while the back end of the system melts into other business software and ERP systems.
Check out the ICE Mixed Reality Experience video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCyfPLZt83o
Who are you?
You are tenacious, passionate and ready for a challenge. You stand up for your ideas and are always learning new things that you can bring back to the team.
As a Developer, you will help conceive, design, develop, test and integrate new projects. Not only will you participate in developing ICE Software, but you will utilize enhanced development tools and web-based applications/cloud. You’ll be a mentor to other developers, provide leadership, maintain code quality, debug at an advanced level and design new functionality.
What you’ll do!
- Work in an agile dynamic environment and be involved in all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, deployments and documentation creation.
- Produce architectures that are scalable
- Predict the future, solving problems before they have a chance to come up.
- Work on features, bugs and production system investigations as part of an agile team
- Define and apply new ways to increase your impact.
- Ensure software deliverables align with the technical architecture, development standards and quality practices
- Create a learning environment through collaboration, shared knowledge, and leadership.
- Provide expertise with application and database integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures.
- Translate business requirements into working software solutions.
- You actively find ways to share your experience in the community
What makes an ideal Developer at ICE?
- Have experience with object-oriented development
- A desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment where everybody has a voice and is expected to speak up
- Strong problem solving and programming skills, with the ability to turn high-level goals into creative, efficient, and well documented solutions.
- Passion for improving the customer experience
- Attention to quality, user-oriented software design.
- Ability to provide direction and mentorship to other team members
- Interested in sharing past experience and success with fellow ICEcubes and the community
- Ability to easily build and maintain relationships and add value to a team environment
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A university degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
Note: We are open to experience in many languages or frameworks. If you regularly learn new languages or frameworks and are quick to pick them up you will be a good fit.
- Object-oriented development
- Eclipse and git
- Open GL
- SQL database
To apply email, us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, including the job title in the subject line.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.