Creation, curation, and connection. Content that speaks to and engages creative thinking, provocative conversations, and builds digital communities.Apply Now
Creation, curation, and connection. Content that speaks to and engages creative thinking, provocative conversations, and builds digital communities. This is what DIRTT is seeking in their Social Media Strategist. A communicator who understands how to artfully construct copy, imagery, and video into customized stories that resonate with each of DIRTT’s key audiences to cultivate brand awareness and engagement.
About the Role
A key contributor within the Brand Communications team, the Social Media Strategist provides counsel and daily operational leadership of all DIRTT’s social media channels. This role is suited to a seasoned communications or marketing professional who understands how to generate compelling content and leverage the potential of all social platforms while also driving engagement and growth of these communities. While facilitating discussions and commentary, you’re constantly activating on social listening insights and making reputationally aware decisions that encourage connection with DIRTT’s brand and offering.
As an influencer position, this role requires a professional that has the confidence to promote our brand across global markets and work within the business to extract stories that propel DIRTT’s narrative.
Working in partnership with our creative and digital teams, you will have the opportunity to explore new and evolving technology, contribute and lead social campaigns, always-on social media brand awareness efforts and product launches.
As a strategist, you’ll constantly be monitoring, assessing, and contextualizing analytics and data to build and support DIRTT’s market growth.
- Develop channel-specific strategies that contribute to our growth, build brand eminence and preference, and strengthen affiliation and connection with DIRTT partners and clients
- Determine growth strategies for established and emerging organic platforms and work in partnership with the digital team on paid campaigns
- Craft and curate engaging content that inspires conversation, sharing, and amplification
- Determine and manage the daily operation of all social channels
- Engage with the Partner Success team to curate shared content within DIRTT’s partner ecosystem
- Optimize internal processes to continue to scale DIRTT’s social media strategy and increase efficiency
- Monitor inquires and provide a bridge between sites visitors and the appropriate DIRTT team
- Track and report on the performance of platforms and campaigns and use that data to inform decisions
- Share your expertise with all levels of the organization across different departments, championing, advocating, and modelling best practices
- Work with the media and crisis communication team to manage social channels as necessary
- Possess sharp business acumen that underpins your ability to navigate competing demands and complex situations
- Skilled at gathering and interpreting information from a wide range of sources
- Thrive under pressure and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Enjoy being highly organized and are great at managing projects from start to finish
- Are comfortable knowing confidential and sensitive information, and demonstrate sound judgment and professionalism
- Have experience with issues management and crisis situations
What you bring to the role
- Post-secondary education in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Five plus years of overall marketing or communications experience, with three of those years working in a social media strategy role
- Experience using, and a deep understanding of the nuances of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Experienced at developing conversion-based strategies across social media and digital initiatives
- You’ve written for various brands and audiences. You can develop content that speaks directly to a diverse range of people, industries, and demographics
- Experience and high level of comfort working with executive team members, presenting, and offering strategic counsel
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to integrate and build social strategy aligned with brand strategy
- Capability to write an informative brief that clearly and confidently articulates strategy and execution
- Have managed and/or developed social media communities
- Ability to see the whole user journey, and the role social media plays in marketing initiatives
- Understanding of how to translate data and analytics into marketing strategy and desired outcomes
- Ability to break down complex analytics into concise, straightforward recommendations
As part of our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives we are collecting voluntary data during the application process to better understand who is interested in joining our team and ensuring we are considering a diverse group of people for our open roles. Please click the link below or copy and paste in your browser to participate.
The safety, mental health and wellness of all DIRTT employees is essential to our shared success. As a condition of employment in the US you will be required to show proof of FULL vaccination or request and receive approval of an appropriate medical or religious accommodation in accordance with applicable law and DIRTT policy.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.