We continue to push the envelope of technology with virtual and augmented reality integration to reimagine manufacturing and engineering. All this, while the back end of the system melts into other business software and ERP systems.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions, is looking for an experienced, passionate, out of the box thinker who is ready for a challenge. As a Software Engineer, you will work with stakeholders to conceive, design, develop, test and integrate new projects within a team environment. Not only will you participate in developing the ICE application, interior construction design application, you’ll also be a mentor to other developers, provide leadership, maintain code quality, debug at an advanced level and design new functionality.
ICE software pioneered the application of video game technology to create 3D environments for interior construction. We continue to push the envelope of technology with virtual and augmented reality integration to reimagine manufacturing and engineering. All this, while the back end of the system melts into other business software and ERP systems.
Check out the ICE Mixed Reality Experience video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NThcA3rkXTo
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work in an agile dynamic environment and be involved in all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, deployments and documentation creation.
- Ensure software deliverables align with the technical architecture, development standards and quality practices.
- Create a learning environment through collaboration, shared knowledge, and leadership.
- Work with business experts to create requirements and implement working software solutions.
WHO YOU ARE?
- 5-10+ years of software development experience combined with industry-related experience,
- Previous experience working in AWS Cloud development,
- Experience with object-oriented development, Java or .net preferred and concurrent systems development (multithreaded, distributed, etc.),
- Scrum or Agile leadership is a plus,
- A desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment where everybody has a voice and is expected to speak up along with the ability to provide direction and mentorship to other team members,
- Strong problem solving and programming skills, with the ability to turn high-level goals into creative, efficient, and well-documented solutions.
Note: We are open to experience in many languages or frameworks. If you regularly learn new languages or frameworks and are quick to pick them up, you will be a good fit.
As part of our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives we are collecting voluntary data during the application process to better understand who is interested in joining our team and ensuring we are considering a diverse group of people for our open roles. Please click the link below or copy and paste in your browser to participate.
The safety, mental health and wellness of all DIRTT employees is essential to our shared success. So please be aware that future opportunities may require proof of vaccination.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.