Breathe® Living Walls
A Scalable Interior Plantscape
A low-maintenance way to bring the outside in.
Breathe Living Walls are a versatile and cost-effective way to seamlessly integrate real plants into your environment. This system gives you the freedom to customize placement, scale, and plant density to meet a variety of design applications. And with an innovative watering system, it’s a low-maintenance way to support biophilic design. Incorporating greenery in your space provides a stress-reducing benefit for the people who use it. Plants can also break up sound reflection in noisy spaces to help manage acoustics. Adaptable by design, the Breathe system can be easily expanded, reconfigured, or relocated, making it a sustainable choice for living walls.
Planters can be mounted to new or retrofitted DIRTT solid wall panels or installed onto any flat, vertical building surface (with the exception of glass).
Breathe system consists of support slats, troughs, watering hoses, and individual removable plant pots.
Plants in the system are gravity fed from a single watering point through a series of self-regulating, connected tubes for even watering and easy care.
Individual plant pots prevent disease transfer through the soil.
Removable pots accommodate plant growth and reduce future expense through less invasive maintenance.
Breathe is scalable allowing for a range of plant density from small groupings of greenery to large-scale plant walls.
Wall placement and quantity of plant pots is customizable, vertically and horizontally.
Individual containers for each plant support a wide-ranging mix of plant species within one application.
- Plant pot sizes: 6” (152 mm) x 6” (152 mm), 3” (76 mm) x 6” (152 mm), or 3” (76 mm) x 3” (76 mm)
- Support slat modules measure 7” (178 mm) high; Breathe should be designed in 7” (178 mm) increments
- Minimum trough length: 7 ½” (191 mm)
- Maximum trough length: 10’ (3.05 m), but 6’ (1.83 m) increments are recommended
- Create longer spans using multiple troughs and inline connectors
- Plan for a minimum of 3 ¼” (83 mm) between troughs to accommodate watering